With the approach of summer vacation, many students are impatiently waiting for the last day of school. The thrill of summer fun is on everyone's to-do list, yet there is something more ominous teachers and parents battle. Summer brain drain!
Students can lose up to a month and a half worth of instruction over the summer months. This often requires teachers to review and reteach content from the previous year. SHA offers a solution to this conflict of fun and learning.
Our K-8 summer school program offers a mix of academic instruction and fun in the sun. Starting June 25 to August 15, our program includes weekly, bi-weekly, and 6-week enrollment as well as half day (3 classes) and full day (6 classes) options. To better deliver balance of instruction and fun, Wednesdays are focused on non-academic activities.
- Hot lunch is available by pre-order ONLY (full time students)
- Wednesday is a non-academic fun day
- Class minimum enrollment is 10. If a class is cancelled, students will be reassigned and notified
- Summer school t-shirts are required to be worn
- Part time students must be picked up by 12:00 pm or a $20/hr late fee will be charged and is due the next day
- No refunds allowed once a class/program has been attended
- Full time students not picked up by 3:15 are signed into daycare and will incur a $20/hr late fee before 6:00 pm and $40/hr after 6:00 pm
The heart of the discerning acquires knowledge;
for the ears of the wise seek it out.